THE STEP BY STEP PROCESS
1. Free consultation After you have read through this page and you decide you want to move forward, you can schedule your design consultation. You can ask me any questions you have, talk about your business and get to know one another.
2. Pay Deposit Once we've talked and you've decided you want to move forward, you'll need to pay a 30% deposit to secure your spot in my schedule. 50% of the remaining half is due at the start of the project, and the final 50% is due when the project is complete but before the final files are handed over.
3. Sign Contract We'll both need to sign my contract so that we're fully protected and happy before we begin working together.
4. Project Management I'll add you to my project management system, Asana. This is where we'll communicate and keep all your files and feedback. Don't worry- I'll provide you with a video tutorial on how to use it!
5. Your Homework You'll need to fill a secret Pinterest board with inspiration, and answer an in-depth questionnaire that I will send to you. You'll also need to upload all website content to Asana.
6. Consult call About a week before your project begins, we'll hop on Skype or FaceTime for a 30 minute consult call. This is the perfect time to ask any last-minute questions you may have!
7. Mood board, color palette & logo design I'll start the design process by creating a moodboard that summarizes your brand aesthetic and colour palette. Using the information you provided in your homework, I'll show you three ideas for your main logo. You'll choose the one you like best, and then I'll refine it over two revision rounds. When your main logo is complete, we'll move on to your brand board!
8. Brand board Your brand board will include the other brand elements listed in your package (logo variations, sub mark, patterns and fonts etc.) You'll get to see all the elements on one board. Then you'll have two revision rounds to make changes.
9. Social media branding If social media branding is included in your package then this is the time I'd create it. I'll use your colours, logos, patterns and fonts to create a cohesive and seamless look across your social media, creating headers and profile images for your preferred social media accounts.
10. Website design. I'll create layout mockups for each of your website pages based on the template you chose. You'll have one revision round to request changes. After you've approved the layout of your website, I'll get started turning the mockup into your live site! You'll then have two rounds of revisions to make sure we get it looking just right.
11. Final payment Before I hand over your final files and website, you'll need to complete your final payment. I'll then send you the link to a Dropbox folder containing your finalized brand files and I'll hand your website over.
12. Website walkthrough. Don't worry, I'm not going to leave you to figure out how to use your website all by yourself. We'll set up a 30 minute consult call where I walk you through how to use and update your website. You will also receive 30 days post technical support for emergencies.
*Some of these steps may not apply to your package.
PRICING AND PACKAGES
Once we've talked and you've decided you want to move forward, you'll need to pay a 30% deposit to secure your spot in my schedule. 50% of the remaining half is due at the start of the project, and the final 50% is due when the project is complete but before the final files are handed over.
What platform will you build my website on?
I'll use Squarespace or Shopify to build your site. They are beautiful and simple for you to use on your own when the design process is finished.
Do I need to buy a domain or hosting before working with you?
Nope, you can buy your domain directly through Squarespace. However, if you already have a domain somewhere else (like Dreamhost), that's cool too. I'll just redirect your domain to your Squarespace website!
Do you offer any other services?
Yes, I offer ebook design, Presentation design, Media Kits and more. Just let me know if there's anything extra that you're interested in and I'll send you a quote!
How quickly can I work with you? Can you start working with me next week?
I'm usually booked a month or two in advance, sorry!